After having the same look and feel of our company site for about 2 years, I thought it was time for a fresh look. The content and organization did not need to change a ton but I did have some good ideas to make better use of the space and provide a better user experience for visitors.
A few quick stats in the last month since the redesign…
Bounce Rate: -50.51%
Average Time on Site: +24.82
These stats are not skewed by anything since I haven’t written any blog posts, launched any sites, or had any other new links since the previous month. These are based on average traffic.
Some of the noticeable changes are
- 12 column grid based design
- Minimalistic look
- Enhanced navigation with subtle jQuery animation (with graceful degradation in IE7 and IE6)
- Current page indicator
- Info heavy footer (with contact and email newsletter signup forms)
- Removal of external links to recent projects
- Moved testimonials to About page sidebar
- Removed list of services and focused on the 2 core services we provide
We will constantly be evolving this site over the next year, running A/B tests, testing certain elements, to improve conversions where-ever necessary. Check back for results of these A/B tests to see how colors, different wording, and images can affect the site.